The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Name - SubDomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Genius, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Genius

Genius Registered

I have recently set up a domain name (www.mydomain.com) with Network Solutions, about a week later my host gave me access to the server. I have a subdomain (www.sub.domain.com)under the the main domain (www.domain.com). When i registered with the hosting company, they sent an email with all the information. including the ip-address of the server. The problem is that ip-address isn't a website. when i goto the ip address it says there is no web-page to be displayed with the c-panel. Even though i got this page, i could log-in to my cpanel from there. I linked my domain name to the specified ip address. about 12 hours later it was linked to the server. I logged into cPanel, went to Parked Domains, entered the domain name, and it said it wasn't pointing to our servers. I went to the domain name, logged into cPanel from there, tried it again and it still said it wasn't pointing to thier servers. After looking at all options at Network Solutions, i tried using an Add-on domain, I got the same error message.

So the problem appears to be linking to my sub-domain on the main server. I pinged all the domains (mydomain.com, domain.com, and sub.domain.com) and they all have the same IP. So the result is mydomain.com getting a "There is no page configured at this address). I'm wondering how to link it to the correct place (what is currently sub.domain.com) because the domain.com is already 20 characters, then you add my 5 character subdomain it goes to 25 characters (quit a lot to type for a website)

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Contact your host about this issue, they should be able to help you. This forum is aimed towards server administrators not webhosting clients.