Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Domain/Nameserver time to live

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by ljwhite, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

In whm-> basic whm/cpanel setup, there are two fields: domain time to live, nameserver time to live. What value should i input?

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

the default value shall be fine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

We just bought a new server. We will transfer all data from old server to new server. Now we are trying to configure new whm. I found in new whm, the value is : Domain Time To Live: 14400, Nameserver Time To Live: 86400 (I do not know if this default value because I am not the first person who login new whm). But in old whm, Both of the fields are blank. So do you think I should just leave "14400/86400" or "blank"?

4. gupi

gupi Well-Known Member

Visit www.dnsreport.com and check your domain; you'll find some pretty good explanations for a lot of parameters in the test results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...