Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Domain Not Pointed to Server Properly

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by RedTrio, Apr 9, 2019.

1. RedTrio

RedTrio Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello! I'm completely new to all this web hosting stuff, so bear with me. I used a .tk domain. When I input the domain into the web hosting service, I then updated the nameservers. But when I try and access my server through the domain, I get an error from Firefox saying they can't connect to the server.

How do I get this working? The server hoster on discord said that international domains aren't supported. Is .tk an international domain?

How would I change my primary domain to another domain such as a .club or .xyz?

I do have a shared IP address if that helps at all.

Thank you!

#1 RedTrio, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

I"m not sure why they would indicate that international domains aren't supported unless your hosting provider doesn't support them. If cPanel did not potentially support a specific TLD you wouldn't actually be able to add the account to the cPanel server.

If you've pointed your DNS to the server from the registrar, I'd suggest contacting the hosting provider again for further assistance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...