The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain not showing up after domain change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Secret Agent

    Secret Agent Guest

    I did "modify an account" to change the accounts main domain. I got no errors in this process. The DNS report shows as fully propagated to the new domain and I also checked the domain account as well. All looks well but the site is not showing up and its been over 12 hours.

    I ran several scripts:

    /scripts/fixndc (three times)
    /scripts/fixnamed
    /scripts/fixetchosts
    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    /scripts/updateuserdomains
    /scripts/fixcommonproblems

    service bind restart
    service httpd restart

    The site is still showing page not found. What can I do? www.dnsstuff.com shows dns zone working fine, proper ns1/ns2 and IP.

    root@server [~]# tail -f /usr/local/apache/domlogs/customerdomain.com

    83.69.110.220 - - [21/Aug/2005:02:41:25 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 298 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"
    83.69.110.220 - - [21/Aug/2005:02:41:31 -0400] "GET /domain/* HTTP/1.1" 301 322 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"
    24.191.184.128 - - [21/Aug/2005:02:42:36 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 298 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
    24.191.184.128 - - [21/Aug/2005:02:42:36 -0400] "GET /domain/* HTTP/1.1" 301 322 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"


    The httpd.conf shows this:

    <VirtualHost xxx.9.166.50>
    ServerAlias www.customerdomain.com customerdomain.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster@customerdomain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/begemot/public_html
    BytesLog domlogs/customerdomain.com-bytes_log
    User begemot
    Group begemot
    <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir disabled
    UserDir enabled begemot
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/begemot/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
    </IfModule>
    ServerName www.customerdomain.com
    User begemot
    Group begemot
    CustomLog domlogs/customerdomain.comcombined
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/begemot/public_html/cgi-bin/
    </VirtualHost>
     
    #1 Secret Agent, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2005
  2. nickb

    nickb Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2005
    Messages:
    347
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India
    Don't you think that correct place for ServerName entry is just below the BytesLog entry
     
  3. Secret Agent

    Secret Agent Guest

    This is a copy/paste of what cpanel did not what I did.
     
  4. Secret Agent

    Secret Agent Guest

    That didn't solve it either
     
  5. Secret Agent

    Secret Agent Guest

    I also tried a reboot and that didn't fix it. I checked the IP's all fine.

    Can someone please tell me what may be wrong here?
     
  6. badawi

    badawi Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2004
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution?
     
  7. Secret Agent

    Secret Agent Guest

    This is happening again and unfortunately can't remember how it was fixed (if it were anyway).

    Basically this time around I deleted a reseller account for lack of payment, then the client paid so I restored all the accounts.

    Strangely one of 5 domains are working only.

    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    /scripts/fixnamed

    root@server [~]# /scripts/updateuserdomains

    [userdomains] domain conflict: /var/cpanel/users/blyter contains a MAIN domain already owned by fmpoker4 at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 184, <F> line 3.

    [userdomains] user party36: missing DNS= line in /var/cpanel/users/party36 at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 197.

    [userdomains] domain conflict: /var/cpanel/users/canexpol contains a MAIN domain already owned by zbig at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 184, <F> line 2.


    I can't seem to figure this out. I restarted bind but the 4 domains will not work, yet they appear fine in dnsstuff.com on each one.

    The IP's are perfectly fine and the dns zones all there.
     
  8. Snowman30

    Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2002
    Messages:
    681
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    did you manage to find the cause and solution to this i am having the same issue with one domain
     
  9. aby

    aby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India
    Can you access the domain from inside the server using lynx. Also please make sure the db entries are correct,
     
Loading...

Share This Page