seohert

Registered
Jul 29, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi All. I'm a reseller and have a handful off accounts. Today one of my client's website cannot be found when typing the url into a browser and although I can access the cPanel via my WHM account I don't know where to start to look for problems. It's running WP and has security installed so I hope that it hasn't been hacked. I don't seem to be able to find my support access ID needed to send a support ticket so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. When I click on the support icon to find my ID, there isn't a 'Support Centre' option as suggested in the 'How To Find Your Support ID' info box when I try to set up my support ticket. Help!

Dave Smith

Mar 20, 2016
Lisbon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Can you access the site directly via the IP address? First things I would check would be DNS and that the domain has not expired.. WP has thousands of plugins with terrible security. It is inherently dangerous in the hands of users who have no idea about the consequences of adding vulnerable plugins. Then again it may be nothing to do with WP (just airing my opinion).

With regards to the Support question the Support Access Number is located under the Support tab (second menu option on left), and below Contact CPanel. I'm not sure if a Re-seller can access this information though...?

Hope that helps..?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You will need to contact your hosting provider for assistance as a reseller without root access to the system. Generally, a website failing to resolve suggests an issue with it's name servers. Check to ensure it's using the correct name servers at it's DNS host, and ensure it resolves to the correct IP address.

Thank you.