The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seohert, Jul 29, 2016.

1. seohert

seohert Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi All. I'm a reseller and have a handful off accounts. Today one of my client's website cannot be found when typing the url into a browser and although I can access the cPanel via my WHM account I don't know where to start to look for problems. It's running WP and has security installed so I hope that it hasn't been hacked. I don't seem to be able to find my support access ID needed to send a support ticket so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. When I click on the support icon to find my ID, there isn't a 'Support Centre' option as suggested in the 'How To Find Your Support ID' info box when I try to set up my support ticket. Help!

2. Dave Smith

Dave Smith Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you access the site directly via the IP address? First things I would check would be DNS and that the domain has not expired.. WP has thousands of plugins with terrible security. It is inherently dangerous in the hands of users who have no idea about the consequences of adding vulnerable plugins. Then again it may be nothing to do with WP (just airing my opinion).

With regards to the Support question the Support Access Number is located under the Support tab (second menu option on left), and below Contact CPanel. I'm not sure if a Re-seller can access this information though...?

Hope that helps..?

3. StevenM.

StevenM. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    @seohert Check with your primary reseller provider for the cpanel support ID if this is not available to you, as for the site not loading, refer to @Dave Smith response and run a DNS check at intodns.com

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will need to contact your hosting provider for assistance as a reseller without root access to the system. Generally, a website failing to resolve suggests an issue with it's name servers. Check to ensure it's using the correct name servers at it's DNS host, and ensure it resolves to the correct IP address.

Thank you.