The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain over subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WKMahler, Dec 12, 2004.

1. WKMahler

WKMahler Member

Hi,

The idea that was successful with lypha.com has yet ot come to fruition with isphost.org.

i've got several domains that I've tried to have pointed to subdomains. The surfer would click on the domain name and be directed to a subdomain however, the domain in the address bar i s all they would see.

wkmahler.com on top of wkmahler.mahlers.com.

So far, I've pointed domains such as wkmahler.com to the domain, mahlers.com and mail forwarding would work so that @wkmahler.com would be all that anyone reads and the mail servers would be mail.mahlers.com.

However, to add in the domain, it has been unsucessful so that the domain would indeed be over a subdomain.

Even though the Cpanel dircections state domain.com on top of subdomain.domain.com, the reality is, the documentation state:

domain.com over domain.com/domain.htm

not

domain.com over subdomain.domain.com

so how does the confliction get fixed not only in the Cpanel documentation but so as the actual domain of which has the dns settings to the webhost correct is actually the only wording anyone sees over a subdomain?

wkmahler.com <-- in address bar
    wkmahler.mahlers.com <--is where wkmahler.com is but no one sees the subdomain in the address bar.

using:

cPanel Build 9.9.8-RELEASE 5
    Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

thanks

william mahler.

www.mahlers.com