The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Parking with DNS turned off

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ddeo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ddeo

ddeo Active Member

Hello, I have WHM/Cpanel running on a vhost and have configured about 10 different accounts. I used to have DNS turned on (Bind) but decided to turn it off to allow the server to run faster... I have all of the domains using off-site DNS and just point the A Record to my IP addresses. I hope this make sense as a practical way to run my server....

When I had DNS turned on I would also park certain domains under a few accounts. Since turning off DNS I cannot park domains any more (Even though the old parked domains still work fine..) I get the following error when trying to park a domain:

Code:
    Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: XXX.XXX.XXX.XX,XXX.XXX.XXX.XX Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver. 
    Now, the domain I am trying to park has it's www cname pointing to my server's ip. Does this matter? When I browse to the domain name it takes me to my server's default page but nowhere in cpanel will it allow me to point this domain to a specific account. Any work around?

I read about the tweak settings change but this doesn't seem to be appropriate since I am try to resolve a domain to the proper ip address.

Any help is much appreciated. Ddeo

2. ddeo

ddeo Active Member