Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Domain Pointers/Parking Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anto, Apr 18, 2002.

1. anto

anto Active Member

Let say my client has client.com. He also has client.net and client.org as domain pointers to client.com.
    When I see his CP, he had created member.client.com. Now, he asked me to setup member.client.net and member.client.org
    as domain pointers to member.client.com. Is this possible?

I have done:
    - Create DNS for member.client.net and member.client.org which point to server main IP (all accounts are IP-Less accounts)
    - Park member.client.net to point member.client.com, and also park member.client.org to member.client.com.

However, they don't work. Why?

2. parag

parag Well-Known Member

[quote:0ec4f78b09][i:0ec4f78b09]Originally posted by anto[/i:0ec4f78b09]

Let say my client has client.com. He also has client.net and client.org as domain pointers to client.com.
    When I see his CP, he had created member.client.com. Now, he asked me to setup member.client.net and member.client.org
    as domain pointers to member.client.com. Is this possible?

I have done:
    - Create DNS for member.client.net and member.client.org which point to server main IP (all accounts are IP-Less accounts)
    - Park member.client.net to point member.client.com, and also park member.client.org to member.client.com.

However, they don't work. Why?[/quote:0ec4f78b09]

thats possible but you will need to have little bit of configuration..

you can mail me and i will reply back with the solution
    best regards
    Parag

3. totalufo

totalufo Well-Known Member

Why don't you make it easy on yourself and just give the guy reseller access? Have hm divide up his space and bandwidth.