The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I am a new guy in our company. I find we host an account named abcvillage.com. But when you visit it, it is directed to abccares.com. When i ping abcvillage.com, ip address is 66.197.130.245. When i ping abccares.com, ip address is 66.197.243.37. And i find both of them have the same name server. But why do they have different ip address?

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Check the VirtualHost entry for both the domains in httpd.conf file.

3. Rosa

Rosa Member

It seems that a redirection has been set for the domain abcvillage.com to point to abccares.com. :)
    And as far as both the domains having different IP addresses is concerned, you can check the zone files for the domains.

4. ljwhite

I login abcvillage.com using ssh. And i find a file named "HTACCESS" and i see one line inside: "RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ http://www.abccares.com". So does this mean when someone visit abcvillage.com and he will be taken to abccares.com instead? Since these two domains have the same NS but different ip address, i think they use Virtual Server. Do you know something about "Virtual Server" or could you recommend me some document about it?

5. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Just remove those lines from .htaccess if you dont want it to get redirected... isn't it simple ;)

6. Rosa

Rosa Member

The two domains having same nameservers and pointing to different IP address has nothing to do with virtual servers .. I guess.
    Check if the file /var/named/abccares.com.db exists. If yes, you can find the A record for abccares.com pointing to IP address 66.197.243.37 in the file.

7. ljwhite

Yes, I look into file /var/named/abccares.com.db and find this:
    abccares.com. 14400 IN A 66.197.243.37
    The guy did this before said that abccares.com was on a different serve. He setup a Virtual Server since abccares.com required a different versio of PHP than was on our main server. But he did not tell me how to do that, do you know how to do that?