The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Propagating issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moonpeach, May 3, 2011.

1. moonpeach

moonpeach Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Regarding: Domain Propagating issues - Web Hosting Talk

I've noticed that this evening for the past few hours i've had issues with my domains on my hosting , it's showing that it is down although the IP it's on is up. Another domain that is hosted on the servers is and thats also down. I noticed this a few hours ago when i had issues with the email system not exactly working , I could send emails into the email accounts on the server and recieve them but when i sent them out from the email system to my gmail account i wouldent get them, but now it seems to be the opposite way around.

I've restarted tthe server a few times with no luck , gracefully and forcefully , i've also restarted the HTTP server with no luck at all, looking at the service status everything is green and up and running, i have no idea what the problem is . And yes the domains have been on the nameservers for about a week now so should have have completed propagation
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    These domains are not returning on digs for any IP records on the nameservers they have set:

# dig
    dig: couldn't get address for '': failure
    This is just one example. While the nameservers do show registration at internic (Home and Home) with the IPs for these nameservers pinging, the domains themselves do not show DNS zones when trying to query them for digs.

This would appear to be an issue with the server for the DNS zone setup or the bind/named service. At this point due to the inability to tell what is causing it without access to the machine, please open up a ticket in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature for us to investigate.