The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domain propagation for WHM not cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noo-bee, May 3, 2014.

1. noo-bee

noo-bee Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

In accessing WHM as root through typing the URL into the browser, the browser gives an SSL warning that the site is not certified. In order to deal with this, I purchased a domain name for the server and requested an SSL for that domain. I did not have to create an account for this domain name, as it was for the WHM interface, i.e. the server as a whole - not the domains of the accounts on it.
    After buying the SSL, I was told that I would need to update the DNS for the domain to point to my server. How does one do this from WHM? - I messed around with changing the nameserver names and adding A-entries, then also edited the DNS zones, but the fact is that I don't really know what to do and may even have messed things up.:eek:
    Also, I would like to be able to test and see whether the changes I have made are correctly applied, but am aware that the do[main name typically takes a while to propagate to the DNS. How can I check that I have done the right thing as soon as I make the changes?
    Any help here would be appreciated, including redirection to some clear documentation / past solutions.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You do this at your Domain name Registrar.
    The docs should be helpful here:

How to Register Private Nameservers - cPanel Documentation

A site like this can be helpful for that:
    /http://www.intodns.com/

3. noo-bee

noo-bee Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks, InfoPro: I thought that there was something I needed to do from WHM, but it makes sense that this is done through the registrar.