The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain question

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by softrix.info, Oct 14, 2004.

1. softrix.info

softrix.info Member

My free web host is giving me cpanel access . When i registered i had a stupid domain for me so i ust registered with it and they made it my main domin .
    Now i have fully made softrix.info doamin and website and parked softrix.info from cpanel .

Now when i go to softrix.info it redirects me to vhex.info which i dont want . If i put addon domain then it points to subdomain . How can i make explorer bar shows softrix.info in place of vhex.info ?? Plz help me on this .

How to make new softrix.info main domain ??

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

1. if softrix.info is your main domain (account in cpanel) then you dont need to park/addon it in cpanel.

2. wherever you registered the domain name.. which I have a good fealing I know where you did... you need to set the nameservers for your domain. Such as NS1.DOMAIN.COM or whatever your webhost tells you they are.

Now.. your using a free webhost.. They may not give you nameservers.

<shiver>

Consider paying for an account... Free web host servers tend to be overloaded, laggy and horrible in general.

Sheldon

3. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Active Member

in your parked domains are you not able to unpark the first domain?

in that case you should contact your host to change the main domain in their whm..

4. softrix.info

softrix.info Member

I am able to get softrix.info . I added proper nameservers and parked in cpanel . But when i registered with webhost i put domain vhex.info .. So when u go to softrix.info (u can view it) u are redirected to vhex.info i mean address bar shows vhex.info . Can something be done with .htaccess files ??

Or making a add-on domain and redirecting it to root folder maybe with .htaccess ??

Plz help

5. AbsolutelyFreeW

did you contact your host?? I addressed your concern above.. domain parking is just domain pointint, they point one domain to another..

you can do 2 things:

1. contact your host!!! make them change the primary domain

2. make an addondomain, make an index.html for that domain that has frames. point the main frame to the old domain and noone will see any difference.. this is called framemasking

6. softrix.info

softrix.info Member

Ahh really thank you for that frame masking i will search for it on google and make it work (if u can help for that plz put codes below for it :) )
    btw i contacted my host but as they are doing for free they will be lazy in reply .

If i do frame making when search engines takes my site i hope it will take domain softrix.info for listing .

Am i right ??

7. AbsolutelyFreeW

Code:
    <html>

<head>
        <title>your title</title>
      </head>

<frameset rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
        <frame src="http://your-new-domain" name="main_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>
      </frameset>

<noframes>
        <body>
    put info here for search engines

</body>
      </noframes>

</html>
    frames are very bad for search engines, that is why you should avoid it, but the code is above..

search engines will not see you other pages unles you put them links in the noframes clause..

hope this helps

8. softrix.info

softrix.info Member

Thanks :) I can use this till i get reply from my webhost .Thanks alot :)

9. AbsolutelyFreeW

Glad it worked out. hey if you are interested in free hosts, or need cheap domains or web designs visit our forum. http://finexe.info

10. softrix.info

softrix.info Member

Ahh sure .

Inow realised something . I was using a content manager called>a href="http://www.xoops.org">Xoops</a> And all i needed was to edit one line in a file to show different url and i deleteed my whole site and account !!!

Now reloading a backup and wil edit it . So 2 hour downtime :( .

Thanks lot for all help AbsolutelyFreeW :) Ur forum is very nice so as ur hosting .

11. AbsolutelyFreeW

you're welcome :)

Hope you sort out the problems soon..

Glad you liked what we offer. You are welcome to register and join the community we are trying to build. and if you ever take the step to paid hosting, we'd be happy to serve you :)