Domain record will auto delete in /etc/localdomains !!! Why ??

hkewell

May 17, 2002
Hi ,

i have one of my server . the file /etc/localdomains will auto deleted some domain record... is there any wrong setting will cause this ?

Any one have idea ?

thx

mswebguru

Dec 14, 2006
Philippines
Hello,

Possible cause of this is a bug on the version of your whm/cpanel, have you try to update your whm/cpanel? If not, you might want to update to the latest to fix this kind of issue.

DigitalN

Sep 23, 2004
Remove from /etc/remotedomains , check the MX record and then run

/scripts/mailperm

As rejected said :)

hkewell

May 17, 2002
i was try to add back to /etc/localdomains and remove domain form etc/remotedomains... It really work Thanks....... but a few hrs later the domain missing again... :confused:......

manic96

Registered
May 9, 2007
same issue

I am having the same issue. I have followed the steps listed above but editing a zone file still places my domain back into the remotedomains file and removes it from localdomains.

I am running WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.16.0-R18450 I was unable to determine if these were the latest versions. These are being run on a CentOS VPS.

Angie

swapneel

Oct 2, 2006
Issue with /etc/localdomains. Random domains have disappeared from /etc/localdomains. The domains do not exist in either localdomains or remotedomains.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The only report we've received on this involved the use of non-cPanel Spam Filtering software - ASSPx in particular. If you are running 3rdparty spam filtering software, or anything that interacts with the email system and isn't installed by cPanel, you might want to examine it's configuration and operation.