The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Redirect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottiedb, Aug 12, 2010.

1. scottiedb

scottiedb Registered

I am using Cpanel, and I use the Joomla CMS with JoomSEF for SEF URLs. I recently bumped the joomla directory from the www.domainname.tld/retail down to the main directory (public_html) www.domainname.tld. Everything was fine and in working order before I went and did this.

The problem is that I have 3 domains, 1 being a primary, and the other two pointing to specific directories on the site. The 1 primary is fine, however the other 2 secondarys are thrown into upheaval. The other 2 domains (previously parked and pointed at a specific directory) now just automatically point to the main directory and take over as the primary domain's domain root. So instead of typing in www.domain2.tld and it supposed to be going to www.domainname.tld/domain2/, it goes to www.domain2.tld and any link you click on from there sticks. I want the 2 secondary domains only to point to said directories, and not replace the original domain. I had it all working before this directory move. I can't seem to get it back to where I once had it.

Thanks for reading and any help on the case would be much appreciated!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In your cPanel > Redirects section, you should be able to edit your redirects you have in place to point to the new location.

3. scottiedb

scottiedb Registered

Redirect

I also tried that redirect section and no matter what I do, the secondary domain still goes to the first page and acts as the primary address and takes the place of all the links on the page. I want it simply to point and nothing else.

www.midsunspecialtyproducts.com (Primary)
    www.nitro-tape.com (Secondary)
    I want the secondary to point to www.midsunspecialtyproducts.com/nitro-tape
    Instead the www.nitro-tape.com keeps going to the first primary page and acts as the midsunspecialtyproducts domain therefore when clicking on a link it goes to www.nitro-tape.com/nitro-tape

#3 scottiedb, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you used full URLs instead of Relative URLs on your site I believe this would solve this for you. Relative URLs - WebReference.com

This is more of a Joomla issue than cPanel though.