The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain redirection issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gsiva, Jan 17, 2009.

1. gsiva

gsiva Member

Hi,

Can I make a redirection of a domain which is registered but not hosted. I have an another domain name, I would like to redirect the domain which is registered to the domain already in use.
    Please clarify my doubt.....

2. SwapnilH

SwapnilH Registered

Hello ,

Yes you can make a redirection of a domain which is registered but not hosted. To your current domain which is already in use.:)

Regards ,
    SwapnilH.;)

3. gsiva

gsiva Member

Hi,

how can I do this.?

4. SwapnilH

SwapnilH Registered

Hello ,

You can go for two options in cPanel.

1.Redirects - This redirects traffic to a specific a specific directory on one of your accounts. That is, you could have mydomain.net bring up the contents of mydomain.com/directory . With a redirect, the address shown in the location bar will change. So going to mydomain.net will show as mydomain.com/directory in your browser.

2.Parked Domains : Sometimes referred to as a pointer domain. This parks a domain on top of another domain. That is, if you had a domain, mydomain.com, and pointed mydomain.net to mydomain.com, then going to mydomain.net would bring up the same page and directory structure of mydomain.com. Likewise, mydomain.net/directory would go directly to mydomain.com/directory. However, depending on which domain name was used, that domain name will show in the location bar in your browser. You can also create e-mail addresses for the mydomain.net domain name from the mydomain.com control panel.
    Note ::No need to add domain as sub-domain or as addon domain in cPanel

Regards,
    SwapnilH:cool:

#4 SwapnilH, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009