ogost

Registered
Apr 3, 2020
Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Background: I've "inherited" recently a VPS with cPanel/WHM installed on it and have only 1 site running on it. I have access both for WHM and cPanel, as well ass root access to the VPS itself. There are 2 subdomains: server.<sitename>.com and cpanel.<sitename>.com, which point to whm and cpanel respectively. <sitename>.com has a valid ssl certificate, both of the subdomains have self-signed certificates.
WHM version: v86.0.17

The problem: <sitename>.com does not open /home/<account_name>/public_html, it gets redirected to a default cpanel error page. Also sometimes it serves the page with wrong ssl certificate. The most interesting part is that when I reach for the site from the server itself (using wget or w3m) it opens up correctly. What am I missing, and what further information should I provide?

Thanks

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that it was running perfectly fine before the update. Which it seems to do somewhat automatically.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Are you going to the site over HTTP or HTTPS? If you're navigating via HTTPS does the site have a valid SSL certificate?

You noted everything was fine prior to the update, which update are you referencing?

ogost

Registered
Apr 3, 2020
Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I've managed to fix the issue by tinkering with rebuildhttpdconfig script and changing permissions to httpd.conf. Not entirely sure what was causing the problem though. I've backed up apache conf if any problem occurs in the future.

Just to make things clear:
Are you going to the site over HTTP or HTTPS?
The site redirects from HTTP to HTTPS.
If you're navigating via HTTPS does the site have a valid SSL certificate?
The site was having wrong certificate, although was configured correctly via cPanel.
You noted everything was fine prior to the update, which update are you referencing?
The WHM/cPanel update.

The problem is resolved now, thank you for your time.

Reactions: cPanelLauren