Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain Using Gsuite Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alios24, Jun 20, 2017.

1. alios24

alios24 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi guys,

so i have 2 paid webhosts, both have cPanel... one is in USA, one is in EU, both have nameservers, dns records.. etc

the first one in USA hosts all my domains and my company`s WWW website
    the second one is my personal webhost, hosted in EU, mostly all of the features as the first one

all my company`s WWW website trafic is from EU, and my personal webhost is much faster than my company`s webhost...

the problem: i want to host my WWW website and add an DNS that points to my webhost in EU

of course the easy way is to just move my domain and its name servers to the desired webhost, but its more complicated, because on the original webhost, i have MX records pointing to google`s paid g-suite, redirects from other domains i have hosted there.. etc

some time ago, i had our WWW website hosted on a marketing agency host, i just added a DNS record that pointed my webiste www.domain.com to a IP, i don`t know how and if they had cpanel, just that if you accesed the WWW address, it loaded from their webhost.

so i know that it can be done.. but how ? host my domain on one webhost, and redirect the WWW website to another webhost ?

please do help me, my current webhost is really slow, 3-4ms load time, makes my website load in 8-10 seconds, wich is slow... and to top that, google punishes my websites pagerank also, for beeing slow on mobile and desktop

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can modify the "A" records for your domain name and it's subdomains so that they resolve to the other provider's IP address using the "Zone Editor" option in cPanel:

Zone Editor - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Note that you'd have to setup the website on the other provider for this to work as expected.

Thank you.

3. alios24

alios24 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    thanks for the reply,

what setting do i have to do on the other provider that will host my www website ?

i have already moved my content via FTP, and created the mysql database, imported the sql from the first provider.. etc

so if i point an A dns record to the second provider, how would it know to load my correct website ? because i have like 3 personal domains hosted on my personal provider, where i want to move the www website from my company wich is hosted on a different provider

#3 alios24, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If it's a cPanel server, you need to create an account for the domain name. Otherwise, you'd need to ensure you setup an entry for the domain name on that server's web server (e.g. Apache). Your remote hosting provider would be able to let you know the specific steps you need to take.

Thank you.