The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

domainkeys+autoresponder .. ??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gorlov, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gorlov

gorlov Registered

Hi all,

I've tried to find the answer to this, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I've set up domainkeys for a domain via cPanel - no problem, it seems to work, and Yahoo accepts emails as correctly signed. But ONLY for emails sent via normal email accounts via SMTP.
    There are a couple of autoresponders set up, (also normal autoresponder in cPanel) but when a client sends an email which is responded to by the autoresponder, the autoresponse-message ISN'T signed by domainkeys - and Yahoo normally dumps it in the spam folder. Where we DON'T want it...
    Is there ANY way to get the autoresponder to sign the response message with domainkeys too ???
    this is really a problem for us... that domain has over a million members, of which at least half seems to use Yahoo (it's mostly Indians, and they seem to use Yahoo a lot), and those autoresponders are really needed... we really, really need the sender to get the autorespond message...

Any pointers are appreciated. Where in the email flow is the signing really done?

2. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Interesting point, I would hope a solution could be found for making sure autoresponders are signed.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator