The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DomainKeys not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by blkjck, Jan 18, 2008.

1. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

I have the latest Current Builds running. I have been searching through and can not find a solution. I am trying to get domainkeys enabled for outbound mail. DomainKeys seems to be enabled, my public key and private keys are generated for the domain. The domain I am testing has the entry in the DNS as default but I have found some conflicting posts on this. CPanel added dk_selector name "default" TXT entry with the RSA key but the exim wiki shows mine should look like default._domainkeys.yourname.com. along with _domainkey.yourdomain.com. I tried both what CPanel generated and manual entry; neither worked. What I am not understanding is the exim.conf does have the dk_remote_smtp: entry enabled. But when I edit the exim conf through WHM, it is not listed anywhere. :confused:
    exim is current. rebuilt the conf file to defaults. restarted the services. Stumped.
    Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
    WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.0-C19434 on CentOS 4.5 exim 4.68

2. brooktdf

brooktdf Member

Did you try to reinstall?

3. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

Solved

Yeah I tried a force install of the latest builds. It was still the same result.

Got it. :)
    GoDaddy hosting requires all email to be passed through them, like a proxy. They make sure you are not mass mailing etc. This requires a few extra lines in the router section of the exim config. Without it the mail just sits there in que with no route to host. This entry has the manualroute driver set as transport=remote_smtp. DK never gets a chance to run. Changing remote_smtp to dk_remote_smtp now signs the message. Everything works now. Thanks.

4. bornonline

bornonline Well-Known Member

I tired making these changes, but it's killing exim. Do you mind posting your conf file?
    No matter what I get failed sig still. Also, won't these changes be gone next time cpanel updates?

DomainKey-Status: good

DKIM-Status: failed (no signature found)

5. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member