The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DomainKeys OK, DKIM OK, SPF OK, rDNS OK but emails are still in Junk Box

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by patricknn, Oct 12, 2011.

1. patricknn

patricknn Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys

First one thing, my english is sucks, so, don't bother about my language mistakes.

I'm having problems to send e-mail marketing to my users. Here is the scenario:

I have 2 dedicated Servers today, 1 Main server that i will call "bpserver" and 1 e-mail marketing server that I will call "emktserver"

The emktserver sends e-mails for the bpserver. We use the Interspire solution.

I configured the DomainKeys, DKIM, SPF record and rDNS, BUT my mails are still ending in the junk mail box in many e-mail providers like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc...

My Ips aren't on blacklists, I already checked a dozen times at Email Blacklist Check - See if your server is blacklisted

My emktserver uses exim and I use one pl script to randomize the 9 IPs that I have.

My SPF at the bpserver include all IPs from emktserver uses.

I configured 1 rDNS for each IP

main IP - mydomain.com.br
    IP 1 - mail1.mydomain.com.br
    IP 2 - mail2.mydomain.com.br
    IP 8 - mail8.mydomain.com.br

Check results

I check my e-mail reputation, SPF, DomainKeys and DKIM at Brandon Checketts

My score is less than 3. brandonchecketts says that my e-mail is not marked as spam.

Results:
    [h=1]SPF Information:[/h]
    [h=3]Result: Pass (Mechanism 'ip4:xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx' matched) Result code: pass[/h]
    [h=1]DKIM Information:[/h][h=2]DKIM Signature[/h]
    [h=2]Validating Signature[/h] result = pass Details:

[h=1]DomainKeys Information:[/h][h=2]DomainKey Signature[/h]
    [h=2]Validating Signature[/h][h=3]Signature valid[/h]
    SpamAssassin Score: 2.194 Message is NOT marked as spam Points breakdown: -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record 0.5 FUZZY_CREDIT BODY: Attempt to obfuscate words in spam 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message 1.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong to all messages end at the junk mail box?

Thank you

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: DomainKeys OK, DKIM OK, SPF OK, rDNS OK but emails are still in Junk Bo

Where are you configuring DKIM at? Are you on the cPanel EDGE Tier? If yes, this is not ready for prime time and should be avoided until it is.

3. patricknn

patricknn Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I have configured using openssl to generate the public and private keys and adding some lines to the exim.conf

4. chrismfz

chrismfz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

Providers like Microsoft (hotmail.com/msn.com/live.com/all MS branches) and Google use Active Filters.

It doesn't matter if the email passes all checks (reverse DNS, SPF, DKIM and so on..), if
    many users mark it as a spam it will deliver it as a spam to everyone. Period.

If a specific user mark it as "no spam" it will never go to spam for the specific user only.

Microsoft has a program called "Junk Email Reporting Program" for ISPs ( Services for Senders and ISPs )
    you can sign up and check for the specific server everytime someone hit an email as spam/phishing.