The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domains on slave servers resolving in and out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kennyp, Jun 29, 2003.

1. kennyp

kennyp Registered

Well Ive managed to get my five servers playing nicely together except there are a few domains (always the same ones) that don't want to stay resolved. I have the master, 4 slaves to it, when I restart bind I don't get a true count on # of zones on any of the servers and the ones where the problem is most prominent is on those that are off by many Right now there is 53 zones and none report 53 two report 55, 0ne reports 35 and one reports 47. It seems to be async problem but all 5 servers have the correct 53 dns zones and when I add a domain it goes to all the others. Im not having the problem with new domains but ones that I have brought off my other 5 servers whcih are all independant, no slaves and different locations.

Im no slouch, Ive read the manual end to end, as I have this forum, I have tried all the fixes suggested but nothing seems to work. Funny thing too sometimes when this is happening I can access site as yourdomain.com but not as www.yourdomain.com
    when they go out of resolving.

If anyone has some answers I would greatly appreciate it cause its driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance

kennyp

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

I think I am having the same prpblem as you. 1 master, 3 slaves, many domains resolve in and out. I can't figure out the problem either. If you happen to solve the problem can you let me know what you did please?

Thanks!!

3. namehog

namehog Active Member

DNS in/out

same problem - if I find a site not resolving - then open the DNS record on DNS edit of another server and close it and the IN record appears - and all works OK then

Strange !!!!!

Bryon

Namehog.net