The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domlog rotation and Webalizer Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maverick, Feb 28, 2003.

1. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member

The Webalizer stats for all accounts on our server for February (last month) have been reset.

This appears to be a consequence of the domlogs on our server getting reset at the end of the month. It appears they were cleared at about 5pm on the 28th of February. Webalizer presumably then created the Februrary stats based on the last few hours of the month...

My question is, how can I set the domlogs to be reset (rotated?) at the start of the month (say 1am on the 1st of the month), rather than the end of the month. Presumably this would solve the problem, and result in only an hour or two of accesses not being included in the stats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Maverick.

2. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member

Well I think I've found a solution to the problem - though I won't know for sure till next month. I'll share anyway, in case anybody else is having the same problem.

In Cpanel 6.0 (not sure about previous versions) under Tweak Settings there's an option to "Keep log files at the end of the month". Presumably by switching this on, my Webalizer stats won't be effectively nuked at the end of the month. What I don't understand is why everybody doesn't have the same problem as I did?? And why aren't the log files deleted at the start of the month, rather than the end of the month to avoid this occurence?

I'll set up a Cronjob that clears the access logs at a more appropriate time so as to not interfere with the generation of the stats.

If there's something I'm completely missing here, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Maverick.