The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations to Open Source tool providers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjjones, Feb 28, 2006.

1. mjjones

mjjones Registered

I have to write an article in the next few hours about how people can make an income in the Open Source world.

So I'm wondering:

* whether a company like cpanel sends donations to the makers of the free tools (like AWStats) that it puts to the disposal of its clients. Does cpanel have a policy on this matter?
    * does it rely on its clients, i.e. hosting companies, to make the donations?
    * how do cpanel clients feel about this and how do they proceed? Do you make rules (to give or not to give), do you have criterias? Would you rather ignore the question? or do you think it's the final user who should contribute?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can not speak for cpanel and from past discussions concerning the internal business of cpanel I doubt you will recieve a public answer on this matter

However I can tell you I sent a rather nice donation to the CentOS group in appreciation of their work on the CentOS operating system.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

For cPanels response you should contact them using the details on their site (billing@cpanel.net).

4. mjjones

mjjones Registered

Donations

Thanks for your replies. My article had to be written. But I'm going to ask anyway 'cos I'm interested in this issue.