The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't have a /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata folder

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Sykoi, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Sykoi

Sykoi Member

I've been trying to install SVN all day, and in fact I have, I have created repositories and all that... However I can't finish the tutorials I have found related to cPanel, because I have no '/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata' folder.

I don't know what else to say, I'm starting to get really stressed out and I'd really like some help figuring out why I don't have this folder.

Tutorial I am using: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/nix/26101-subversion-whm-cpanel-11-a.html

Edit: I also don't have the two files listed here:
    Or at least 'locate' can't find either.

2. lngtanseco

lngtanseco Well-Known Member

Are you looking for this directory?

/usr/local/apache/conf/sites

3. Sykoi

Sykoi Member

Was /etc/httpd/conf/userdata/std/2/[user]/[domain] changed to /usr/local/apache/conf/sites/[domain] since the tutorial was written?

4. Sykoi

Sykoi Member

Well, I've got it all working except... I can't figure out what user to make the repos under? What do I chown the repository folders to? I get a permission denied error when I try to commit.

Edit: I've figured it out... The permission defaults to nobody:nobody RW R R for files created on commit (As far as I can tell, just files in [repo]/dav/activities.d - is there any way to make them created as 777 by default?

#4 Sykoi, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  5. websnail.net

websnail.net Active Member

I've update the guide on Edugeek to include the answers to the questions posed above.

Cheers.