The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't mark Spam as read.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Krzysiek, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Krzysiek

Krzysiek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I got setup by exim options to move spam messages to spam folder if turned on in cpanel options. And i have 2 questions.
    1. Can i make it so the messages moved to Spam will not be marked as Read. Right now all messages are marked as read and if somebody won't check they box they won't know there is a mail there.
    2. Is there a way to turn on spam box by default for all users, they can still turn it off if they want.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Krzysiek

Krzysiek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey,
    I am content with default settings to exim so i didn't add any specyfic conf expect some faster drop time for a email in queue (RETRYSTART section).
    It's marked as read on all users so i was sure its the default config foult. where can i find default rules for a moving to spam folders?(which file - template?)

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. Krzysiek

Krzysiek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry i was out sick and could not send messages.

After some testing i noticed that messages are not marked as read. that was Thunderbird rule from my friend computer.
    When i finally got a Spam message i noticed that it was move to a folder "spam" which was not existing before (Roundcube uses "Spam" and Thunderbird "Junk"). Of course after new folder its created in system you must subscribe to it by hand (at least in a running Thunderbird), or you won't get that folder.
    In my opinion this folder should be created by default and renamed to Spam whatever a system has a spamassasin or any other filters, it will at least make my job easier and i think also other sysadmins.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Dovecot and Courier are in-fact configured to inform mail clients of special IMAP folders such as Trash, Junk, Sent, and Archive. They are configured to automatically create. EX:

Code:
    mailbox Archive {
    special_use = \Archive
    auto = create
    }
    That being said, if you don't want SPAM to go to a special folder, you can disable the "Spam Box" option in cPanel for the account and setup an account level filter rule to move SPAM messages to the folder name of your preference.

Thank you.