Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't show space used of account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leonex, Jan 12, 2012.

1. leonex

leonex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, i bought dedicated server with WHM 11.30.5 (build 3) CENTOS 5.7 x86_64 standard on server.
    And i have problem with show disk space used of account in whm > Account Information >> List Accounts > Edit Quota
    and in the client account cpanel
    For exapmle, i created one account with package 2000M and transfer one file 100MB in the directory public_html, after transfer,
    In cpanel and whm show space used 0 and quota 2000M for this account. This problem it's with all account.
    Sorry for my english.
    How to solve the problem?
    Thank

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In other words, you uploaded a 100MB file and then checked disk space right after and it did not show 100MB used, is that it?

Those details are not updated in real time there will be some delay until the next check.

3. leonex

leonex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, thank you for reply.
    it is so.
    I upload file 2 days ago...

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you have a VPS or a dedicated server? If you have a VPS, it is very important that second-level quota support be enabled for your VPS. This must be done in the hardware node that hosts the VPS; it cannot be done from inside the VPS.

The following guides explain how to enable second-level quota support in Virtuozzo and OpenVZ:

Turning On and Off Second-Level Quotas for Container
    Setting Up Second-Level Disk Quota Parameters

If you do not have administrator access to the VPS hardware node, you will need to ask the VPS administrator (your hosting provider) to do this for you.

Once you are sure that second-level quotas are enabled for the VPS, run fixquotas as root:

Code:
    # /scripts/fixquotas
    We may be able to give you better advice if you submit a ticket, which will allow us to log into your server and look at it directly.