Don't want images directory installed...

WebTrooper

Nov 7, 2004
When creating new accounts there is always an empty "images" directory installed to the home directory ( /home/new_user/public_html/images ). I'd like to stop this since it conflicts with Fantastico installing scripts to the public_html directory. Otherwise I have to explain to every new user that they have to manually remove the images directory.

Thing is, the images directory is not in the skeleton directory, so I don't know where it's coming from. :confused:

WebTrooper

Nov 7, 2004
I guess that would be a simple..

rm -rf /home/username/public_html/images

How would I get it to execute after the the account is created? This stuff is a little over my head. Also, how would I get username to be the users account?

Of course while I would like to know how auto-execute scripts, best thing is if the images directory is not created to start with.

thanks

Last edited:

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
I've not played with /scripts/postwwwacct myself. You might want to try contacting pwsowner on the forums here as he should be able to steer you in the right direction.

kosmo

Verifed Vendor
Aug 12, 2001
All over Europe
I think "images" is created only when you activate the Frontpage extentions for an account.

kosmo

WebTrooper

Nov 7, 2004
No, it's installed with every new account automatically. I'm assuming WHM is doing the install. Could it be my server doing this? If so, where would I look to find out? I'm running centOS 4 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

kosmo

Verifed Vendor
Aug 12, 2001
All over Europe
When you create an account in WHM, "Frontpage Extentions" is checked by default (bad decision IMHO). Just uncheck it before submitting the form.

kosmo