The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Disk Space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exon, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Exon

Exon Member

After performing an update last night a few select accounts are now showing twice the amount of disk space being used. Nothing goofy is mounted, and resetting the disk quotas didn't help.

I did some searching in the forums here, and on a few others but everything came up empty. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Appreciate it!

2. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

These commands requires login via root.Login to the server from SSH as a root and follow the procedure :

cd /home/virtfs/
    du -ah --max-depth=1

And look for any folder with larger size than 2MB e.g 500MB or 1GB+ need to be fixed like this :

su username
    exit

This will login to that user and exit jailshell "normally".Also check w and make sure that no one is logged in via jailshell.

After that when there is no folder with size larger than 2MB in /home/virtfs/ then run /scripts/fixquotas.

This will solve the problem.Do try it and let me know if any problem occurs.

3. Exon

Exon Member

DS,
    I am not sure why I didn't get an E-mail saying there was a reply. I attempted that, and there were no folders that were even 2MB, the one was only 1.4MB. I've tried fixquotas before, and I reran it - to no avail. :-/

4. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

Check those accounts that they may not contain files/folders with the ownership nobody becasue those will not be repaired by fixquotas.