doveadm Wildcards Not Working

stephancasas

Registered
Jan 1, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm having trouble using wildcards to execute various doveadm commands.

In particular, I'm trying to use:
Bash:
doveadm user *@domain.com
to list all e-mail users of a particular domain.

However, when I execute this or any variation on it (quoted, unquoted, escaped, etc.), I get no results. The doveadm documentation is relatively straightforward where this is concerned and I don't have any trouble running the command in a non-cPanel environment. Is there a security setting somewhere or something I'm missing?

Thank you,
Stephan

cPJeremy

Technical Analyst
Staff member
Feb 13, 2019
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, Stephan!

I am sorry for any inconvenience however on a cPanel server, Dovecot is configured only to respond to queries for user info from cPanel directly. (Specifically from cpsrvd) This is going to explain why it would normally be working on your non-cPanel systems.

I do apologize for any inconvenience, but if you did need to list all of the emails accounts for a user you would need to use our uapi. You should be able to do this using the command below:
uapi --user=$cpanel_username Email list_pops

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!

Reactions: stephancasas

stephancasas

Registered
Jan 1, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Jeremy:

Thank you so much for your swift response. I'll review the UAPI documentation for future inquiries like this.

Thank you,
Stephan

Hello, Stephan!

I am sorry for any inconvenience however on a cPanel server, Dovecot is configured only to respond to queries for user info from cPanel directly. (Specifically from cpsrvd) This is going to explain why it would normally be working on your non-cPanel systems.

I do apologize for any inconvenience, but if you did need to list all of the emails accounts for a user you would need to use our uapi. You should be able to do this using the command below:
uapi --user=$cpanel_username Email list_pops

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!

Reactions: cPanelLauren