v96.0.9

GrandMelon

Registered
Jun 1, 2021
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I am trying to setup the lazy_expunge plugin for Dovecot 2.3 (using maildir) as a means to keep a buffer of all emails - sent or received.

I essentially appended the following to the bottom of /etc/dovecot.conf (I'm aware this won't survive upgrades). I'm not sure where the config is going wrong, dovecot starts up ok but lazy_expunge is not working.

Code:
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins lazy_expunge acl

namespace expunged {
    prefix = expunged
    separator = .
    hidden = yes
    list = no
    location = virtual:/usr/local/cpanel/etc/dovecot/virtual/expunged:INDEX=~/mail/virtual/%u/expunged
}

plugin {
  lazy_expunge = expunged
  lazy_expunge_only_last_instance = yes
  quota_rule = expunged:ignore
}

However when I test it by deleting an email from the Trash I get the following error in the maillog;

Code:
Error: Mailbox INBOX.Trash: UID=1: lazy_expunge: Couldn't open expunge mailbox: Failed to create mailbox expunged: Can't create virtual mailboxes
Error: Mailbox INBOX.Trash: Lazy-expunge transaction failed: Mailbox INBOX.Trash: UID=1: lazy_expunge: Couldn't open expunge mailbox: Failed to create mailbox expunged: Can't create virtual mailboxes

Does anyone have any ideas on where this might be going wrong?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I checked with the email development team and confirmed this isn't something we intended to support. Could you use the link in my signature to create a feature request? While that doesn't guarantee it will get added to the product, it does notify our developers that someone wants the feature, and lets other users vote for the request.