Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Dovecot Push Email ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dxer, Jan 25, 2015.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

I am trying to setup IMAP email account on my Android smartphone and for synchronization there is an option Auto (push). I tried to setup this way but when it is set this way, email sent to this specific address is not coming at all , neither on my smartphone, neither on my PC. After I remove this Auto push setting on my smartphone, email came.
    So it seems Auto push is not working and I need to set synch like every 5 minutes or so.

But I need to know is there a setting that will trun ON Dovecot push mail option or what ?
    If it is not supported, can we epxect soon to be supported or there is another was of having my mails pushed to smartphone ?

2. Planky

Planky Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dovecot doesn't support push mail. I believe there are plugins/software that allow it (such as Z-Push | Open source push technology) but I have no experience with them to be able to help further.

Not sure Cpanel can assist here, as its a 3rd party product included with Linux distros and not WHM/Cpanel itself.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...