Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

dovecot-solr

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Dunn Lee Venida, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Dunn Lee Venida

Dunn Lee Venida Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I always getting this cron email from my server i try to reinstall. also i tried
    yum clean all ; yum update cpanel-dovecot-solr but still the same error i get every 4 mins
    send email. anyone there can give me advise and tip for this error. im currently running latest cpanel and vps.

Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::HTTP::Network/(XID 6g5kjg) The system failed to send an <abbr title="Hypertext Transfer Protocol">HTTP</abbr> “GET” request to “http://mbUtAU6qOULBUz4p:__HIDDEN__@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/dovecot/update?commmit=true” because of an error: Could not connect to '127.0.0.1:8984': Connection refused

at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 330.
        Cpanel::Exception::create("HTTP::Network", HASH(0x234d400)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 46
        Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, HASH(0x234d400)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HTTP/Client.pm line 102
        Cpanel::HTTP::Client::request(Cpanel::HTTP::Client=HASH(0x22dc5c0), "GET", "http://mbUtAU6qOULBUz4p:__CPANEL_URLPW_HIDDEN__\@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/"..., HASH(0x28ba868)) called at (eval 5) line 6
        HTTP::Tiny::get(Cpanel::HTTP::Client=HASH(0x22dc5c0), "http://mbUtAU6qOULBUz4p:__CPANEL_URLPW_HIDDEN__\@127.0.0.1:8984/solr/"...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/cpanel_dovecot_solr_commit line 55
        scripts::cpanel_dovecot_solr_commit::run("scripts::cpanel_dovecot_solr_commit") called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/scripts/cpanel_dovecot_solr_commit line 37

2. hydn79

hydn79 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    uninstall solr from WHM under cPanel plugins (that's what I did, until it's ready and I'll try it again) - Removed - .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 hydn79, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  3. Dunn Lee Venida

Dunn Lee Venida Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    @hydn79 thanks for response its ok to uninstall solr? mail server will be fine ? nothing will be delete or incoming and outgoing wont be affected? i need to verify it before i uninstall

#3 Dunn Lee Venida, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  4. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @Dunn Lee Venida,

Uninstalling/reinstalling solr will not result in any data loss or interruption in the mail server; however, I am not sure it's the best solution.
    Code:
    Could not connect to '127.0.0.1:8984': Connection refused
    The error is clear; either the service is not running, or the firewall is preventing access to that port. Check the service is running as below:
    Code:
    # /scripts/restartsrv_base cpanel-dovecot-solr --status
    If you find the service is not running, remove the trailing '--status' and issue the command again to restart it. If the service is running, test that you can connect to it:
    Code:
    # telnet 127.0.0.1 8984
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to 127.0.0.1.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...