SOLVED Dovecot trash not deleting

cpanelinfoseeker

Oct 25, 2002
NE Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have noticed that dovecot is not removing the deleted emails from the trash. I have verified that "Auto Expunge Trash" is checked and "Trash Expire Time" is 1 in Mailserver Configuration.

It was working about 3 weeks ago. Running "/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/dovecot_auto_expunge_trash" shows
No such file or directory when before it used to immediately remove the trash.

Any help is appreciated.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
It was working about 3 weeks ago. Running "/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/dovecot_auto_expunge_trash" shows
No such file or directory when before it used to immediately remove the trash.
Hello,

We changed the name of the /scripts/dovecot_auto_expunge_trash maintenance script to /scripts/dovecot_maintenance in cPanel version 58 and newer.

Do you notice any error messages logged to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log or output in the command line when running the "/scripts/dovecot_maintenance" script?

Thank you.

cpanelinfoseeker

Oct 25, 2002
NE Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Ran the command manually without error. I added the line into the root cron so it will update regularly.
I really thought that having the setting in Mailserver Configuration would be all that I would need to do to have it delete automatically. Thanks for the update!
Ron

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Ran the command manually without error. I added the line into the root cron so it will update regularly.
I really thought that having the setting in Mailserver Configuration would be all that I would need to do to have it delete automatically. Thanks for the update!
Ron
You should not have to setup a manual cron job to run that command. It's part of the upcp maintenance script that's executed daily as part of this root cron job command:

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp --cron
Thank you.