cPanel & WHM Version
v90.0.15

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Recently my mail folder was mistakenly moved to a different folder from cPanel file manager which I didn't know first. I restored my emails from my backup which was one week old and after two days I found that my mail folder was moved and I just rsync my emails again back to my mail folder from other folder (where my mail folder was moved). Now the dovecote-uidlist contains the emails records of that folder (Inbox, Junk, Sent) and after rsync my dovecote-uidlist file replaced with old file which contains the old email records (new emails are also there but just not being displayed due to dovecot-uidlist file replaced) and is seeing my old emails (before the above incident), I named the file and open my webmail via cPanel and it creates it that file automatically and displays new emails.

Now the issue is that I have 50+ email addresses and all the folders (Inbox, Sent, Junk, Draft and also other folder which I have created) file (dovecot-uidlist) file replaced and it displays now the old emails, is there any other script or any option from where I can rebuild all the dovecot-uidlist file which will display all new and old emails?

Regards,
Sajawal

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If you have already resolved the file and directory issues, we have a tool that should help with this situation:

Can you try that and see if that helps?

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If you have already resolved the file and directory issues, we have a tool that should help with this situation:

Can you try that and see if that helps?
Yes, I already tried this but still seeing the old emails.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't have any other automated tools that would help with this situation. From what you're describing, you may need to go through them manually to resolve this, although you're always welcome to submit a ticket with our team to have us take a look. If you do that, please post the ticket number here so I can follow along and keep this thread updated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Email 3