The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nzjav05, Aug 17, 2007.

1. nzjav05

nzjav05 Registered

Hey,

I am currently using Cpanel 11 stable, but I have found that my load has increased too much for my server to handle and I was receiving up to 10 of these messages a day after the update "cpsrvd failed"

So is there anyway to downgrade back to Cpanel 10 ? As I feel it was a lot more stable for me...

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Wouldn't it better to find out what the load is and solve it? When you run top from command line whats it say is using the most CPU? Anything stand out to you in your logs? Why not put in a ticket with cPanel support and let them take a peek for you? Can't hurt.

3. RobMalta

RobMalta Registered

I would also like an answer to the original post (which the last post was not). Cpanel 11 is riddled with spam problems and, whether or not you feel he should downgrade, his question was how to downgrade. So could someone please provide that answer without suggesting an alternative course?

4. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I dont see how you can downgrade anymore. There is no cpanel 10 upcp available in Edge, Release, Current or Stable. I think you would need a special setup from the cpanel team to do that if it even exists.

5. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can't, that was my point. See the changelog. http://changelog.cpanel.net/

There is no more cPanel10. Time to secure the server properly. cPanel makes hosting multiple sites easier than without it. But it is not a end all for server security. That comes from proper servr administration.

cPanel11 didn't bring new spam problems. If you have them now, you had them before, just didn't know about it.

6. Krisiun

Krisiun Member

I updated all my servers to the version 11 and all appear to be very good.

I see only slow access a little in some pages, like the suspend. But in others all ok and the server load is under control.

nzjav05, try this:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force
    After:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/cpanel restart
    Finally:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/httpd restart
    In two servers, I had to use upcp two times and restart cPanel and httpd service.

7. RobMalta

RobMalta Registered

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=66414

I have 7 servers and have been properly securing them since 2003 but thanks for the advice. 3 of which upgraded to cpanel 11 and 4 which were set to manual so are on 10. Guess what? All 3 of the servers that have been running with no problems for a couple of years are now allowing a lot of spam through and not correctly routing spam to set folders. So if I had them before it's VERY strange they only manifest at the exact same time as the 11 upgrade. Even stranger is these problems that I 'had before' weren't noticed by the clients until the upgrade either. Guess we're all wrong. Go tell it to the multiple posters in this forum about the exact same 'coincidence'. Anyway thanks for confirming there is no way to downgrade - that is all I was interested in.

#7 RobMalta, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  8. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    From the posts in that thread you linked to, the problem was out of date perl version right? Or no? Reads like that to me.

9. RobMalta

RobMalta Registered

No - that was one or two people's problems but there are posts in there from people who have the correct version of perl and still the same problem. Anyway one customer who has been on a server for 2 years with no issues received 23,000 spam mails since the upgrade. It's obviously a settings issue that has been caused by the upgrade. We're still looking into it along with other hosts experiencing the same problem.

10. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well with all your experience as you've stated, I'm sure you'll solve the problem quickly. Good luck.

11. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Check the exim config editor in whm. If you had some custom ACLS you'll need to reset them for spam filtering to work again.

12. Krisiun

Krisiun Member

RobMalta,

Try this:

Please let me know if these commands help you to correct the SPAM problem.

Regards.