The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade full cpanel to dnsonly?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by codek, Dec 9, 2005.

1. codek

codek Active Member

Hi,

I recently upgraded a dnsonly install to full cpanel following instructiuons on here, worked well.

Now i need to downgrade my full cpanel server to dnsonly. How do I do that?

Rgds,
    Dan

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    At the moment converting from a full version of cPanel to a dns only build is not recommended. A new dns only build will be out before year's end, and you can downgrade painlessly at that point. Otherwise, be prepared for some small problems if you attempt the change under the current builds.

Converting a full version of cPanel to a dns only build should be as simple as setting "CPANEL=dnsonly" in /etc/cpupdate.conf, and then running "/scripts/upcp". However, keep in mind that we don't "support" this scenario intentionally, which means that it's not designed with that in mind, and it's not tested either.

3. codek

codek Active Member

hmm!

Ok, in that case, can I leave it running without a license as a full cpanel server, and if I do will the dns clustering feature still work?

This is a live box to which I dont have physical access, so dont want to risk anything I dont have to.

Rgds.,
    Dan