The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downgrade MySQL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pongtorn, Jun 22, 2006.

1. pongtorn

pongtorn Member

I would like to know how to downgrade MySQL 4.1.19 to MySQL 4.0.25 for cPanel?

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Im afraid that is not an easy process. None of your databases will work as there is a big difference between MySQL 4.0 and 4.1 with how they are structured. I wouldnt even attempt it unless you have backups of All your databases when your server used to run 4.0.25.

May I ask why you wish to downgrade? 4.1 is probably the best version to use for the moment because of its compatability. If you are having issues with 4.1, I think you would be better to try and fix those, rather than to downgrade to an old version.

Chris

3. pongtorn

pongtorn Member

Thank you for your advice. :D

4. johny_gjx

johny_gjx Active Member

If you check Mysql Manual you'll see an option for exporting databases to an older format but I have no idea if depending on that will save you or result in dataloss.

Once I used it and it worked. We had a reseller who came to us from another host running 4.1, i exported them one by one and imported.