lizzard2112

Registered
Sep 6, 2005
Good morning,

I am a reseller, and my HP informed me that if I wanted to edit my Cpanel themes for my clients, I would have to download them from the Cpanel site and then edit them.

I have searched the Cpanel site as well as these forums and have been unable to find where I can download them. I have found old links that seem to no longer be working. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!
Liz

dalem

PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
i think your HP may have misinformed you if you have a reseller account you do not have access to make changes to edit themes (other than branding) this requires root access to the server you would need a dedicated server or a VPS unless i misunderstood your question??

lizzard2112

Registered
Sep 6, 2005
You're correct and incorrect. :)

If I can find theme, I can download it, make the changes I need (which are tiny) and then give the changed theme to my host to implement. Does that make sense?

HH-Steven

Aug 29, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Dalem is correct in both senses, you can edit the theme as much as you like but root access is still needed to upload and use it.

So yes, you can edit it and pass it on to your host, but be aware that all resellers will be able to use that theme should your host allow it.

lizzard2112

Registered
Sep 6, 2005
Yes, I understand that. thank you!

My original question is does anyone know where I can download the theme to edit it? I have looked throught the forums here and so far have only found older links that do not seem to work.

Thanks
Elizabeth

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
lizzard2112 said:
Yes, I understand that. thank you!

My original question is does anyone know where I can download the theme to edit it? I have looked throught the forums here and so far have only found older links that do not seem to work.

Thanks
Elizabeth
You need shell access to your server; The local path to the themes is: /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/
Tar and/or Zip the theme you want and then you can download it.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You're free to play with the themes installed on the server. If you're not the admin of the server then you should speak to your hosting provider.