The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading a home Backup finishes prematurely.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hbidad, Feb 25, 2008.

1. hbidad

hbidad Well-Known Member

I'm getting complaints of users that have larger account stating that they can't "Download a home directory Backup"

I can duplicate this problem on different servers. The backup downloads fine for a little bit, but then it goes to 100% complete. However, the archive gives "unexpected end of archive" and crc errors.

Tailing the logs I see

Code:
    Mon Feb 25 15:30:20 2008 info [Cpanel::Mysql]: Not updating privileges for username (reseller login and no passwor                                                                                                            d specified in ~/.my.cnf)  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 268
            Cpanel::Mysql::updateprivs('Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x86e21e8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin lin                                                                                                            e 88
    Mon Feb 25 15:30:47 2008 info [Cpanel::Mysql]: Not updating privileges for username (reseller login and no password specified in ~/.my.cnf)  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 268
            Cpanel::Mysql::updateprivs('Cpanel::Mysql=HASH(0x999e1e8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin line 88

This pops up when accessing the "backup" page, but I assume it is unrelated and due to the fact I'm entering the cPanel account from the root account.

Any assistance will be appreciated

2. hbidad

hbidad Well-Known Member

I'm starting to notice this across multiple servers. For example, a 20mb home backup or full backup is generated and the download initiates. The transfer is fast (1mbs), but completes rapidly (before it hits 20mb - more like 4 or 5)

This whole time I though it was something between point A to point B

We were able to replicate the issue by generating the backup to /home and expecting the file on the server. It seems the packaging processes is messed up

The client is not over quota and their home directory appears to have proper permissions upcp --force didn't do anything nor have the updates over the last week.

Any insight?

3. gwserv

gwserv Registered

Have very much a similar issue...
    altho its accounts that are over 100mb and its only with the full backup from the cpanel .. i believe it seems to be a time out problem with HTTP transfer but really have no idea.

I can download the file via ftp or scp/ssh and there are no problems with it.
    just when clicking on the link with in cpanel "full backup" it fails after about 5-10 mins.
    all the accounts i have tried get to around 80 to 120mb before saying completed (the backup zip being over 250mb)

now to make this even more fun. i have a 3rd server siting on the same lan as me and not over the web and i can do a 600mb file down load in this manner with out problems altho it completes in less then 5 mins

all 3 servers are using
    WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.6-R27698

any ideas ?