The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamweaver Uploading [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nine, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Nine

Nine Member

Dreamweaver Uploading

I am moving my site to one that uses CPanel. I do alot of small updates to my site all the time and want my changes to go into effect immediately. Before I start this I want to know the best way to handle this.

I have read a post where a guy was uploading with Dreamweaver to the file manager and had to shuffle the files into the www file. I have also read that all the web files should go into the public-html file. I don't want to shuffle files around. Which file is better to have the web files in www or public-html?

Right now I have done a quick manual load of my files and they are not configured right yet.

Using the FrontPage Extension sounds like another way if I can use it with Dreamweaver. Can I? Should I? What would be the benifits of this?

I just want to find out the best direction to go so my web loading process is optimized and I won't have to redo anything once I really get started.

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

I have no problems with Dreamweaver nor do any of my clients that use it. Always try first then come back if you have issues with it.

WWW and public_html are one and the same. This is the directory that is available to the public via their browsers. All files and directories have to go in there that are for public consumption. Dreamweaver uploads its own directory structure within the public_html.

Individuals might get a Dreamweaver error but they are rare and often not cPanel/WHM issues.

Just to add, the search facility is your friend. Doing a forum search for Dreamweaver came up with this post:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=226898&postcount=7

in this forum:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=47746&highlight=Dreamweaver

Also Jonathon's (Chirpy) comment applies in your case. ;)

:)

#2 Izzee, Dec 29, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  3. Nine

Nine Member

My first page has loaded successfully.
    Thank you for your assistance.

#3 Nine, Dec 30, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  4. Nine

Nine Member

Thank you for that tip, Bailey.