The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive Space Critical!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tekstylez, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tekstylez

tekstylez Registered

My drive space is showing 93% full. No matter how many files I delete, this number does not decrease, it seems to increase by the day. I feel like my webhost is trying to get me to upgrade my storage..

Where can I go to delete temp, unnecessary files?

2. melsworld

melsworld Active Member

I am no expert but you have backups enabled? possibly daily ? could be that they are being stored in your /home directory

Take a look at Backup on the left panel with sub heading 'configure backup' and see if backup status is enabled or disabled

Then scroll down to backup destination and see what this is set to if anything possibly your backups if enabled are being put into the /home directory

It's a start and I am sure that one of the real experts will be able to elaborate on this

Mel

Mel

#2 melsworld, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. caeos

caeos Well-Known Member

also check for a few other points.
    - if a off site ftp back up fails, then the backup file sometimes doesnt get deleted as the back up script gets aborted. check cpaneltmp
    - if you had a recent upgrade failed, as that would also fail to remove files, re run the upgrade script and check what happens - cleared nearly 2gb on one of mine

4. tekstylez

tekstylez Registered

Thanks for the responses guys. Where exactly do I look for these files and what would be the best way to delete them, through ftp?

5. tekstylez

tekstylez Registered

I am now 95% FULL!!! I am surprised I am not getting more support from anyone!

6. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From looking at your opening post:

It looks like your using a shared host, if this is the case then theres nothing anybody here can do for you, you would need to contact your host and ask them to look into it.