The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drop down menu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mensky, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Mensky

Mensky Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    on of my website when I click on About US my drop down bar runs away when I try to click on one of the links I need some help to fx that on cpanel?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This appears to be a website issue for coding. You likely would want to contact your hosting provider or website designer to check into this matter. The purpose of this forum is to help with cPanel and WHM problems with using those interfaces or services rather than to investigate site coding issues.

Thanks!

3. Mensky

Mensky Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    well when I went to facebook, you guys told me I could come here and ask the question

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can of course ask, but this is probably not the best place for assistance with this sort of thing. All the same, lets try and get you going in the right direction. :)

Assuming this is a menu on a file and not part of a CMS, Blog or something along those lines. To edit a file on your account via cPanel, you could use the cPanel File Manager. (or FTP client with a proper editor, but this reply is just about using cPanel file Manager.)

Let's also assume for the sake of this post that file is called header.php and its located in the public_html directory. Find the icon titled File Manager in cPanel and click. Once that opens find the public_html directory on the left menu and click. When you do all files inside public_html will be displayed on right side of window. (/public_html = yourdomain.com/)

Find your header.php and click once. At top of page find the Download icon and click. Save that file to your desktop for safe keeping. You can never go wrong with a backup.

Next, with the file still highlighted, you should be able to click the Edit icon at top of File Manager page to open that file for editing.

Now, you know how to edit this file, but we have no clues what to tell you as far as what to edit, no one here has seen your website or menu problem itself.

Facebook is more of a fans/news page and certainly not the best place to ask for support for your cPanel account. This forum is a great place for cPanel support from the Community of cPanel users, but is not the official support channel for cPanel clients.

If you're using some sort of CMS or Blog, the support community for those would be the best place to find assistance with this.

I hope that helps somehow.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've found your site from your profile on Facebook and taken a closer look at your site. You'll notice when you mouse over the menu and attempt to go down the list to pick a link, the menu closes. It seems to me that its closing when the slideshow box changes images. Looking at your code from here, I see this:
    gSlideshowInterval = 2;

Assuming thats the number of seconds between slides, try changing that to a higher number, 5 or 10 even, just to test. I doubt that will help much though. That code is probably in a header include of some sort.

That top nav menu you use, according to this site:
    /http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm

...was last updated in 2005. Browsers have changed a lot in the past 6 years, the old code used here might not be worth saving as there are certainly far nicer ways to make menus now days. Like jQuery for one example: jQuery: The Write Less, Do More, JavaScript Library