Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drupal and Wordpress on same server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loneweaver, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Loneweaver

Loneweaver Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all

I have an active cPanel VPS and CloudLinux license. I'm currently hosting 1 website which runs on Drupal. I want to host another website which will run Wordpress on the same environment. I want the best approach of setting this new website up. We do our own internal hosting.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no such limitation on what you can host on a server, so if you have a cPanel installed on it you can create as much account as your server is capable of and host multiple different CMS on it, like Wordpress, Drupal, Magento. The only thing in this is the configuration of the server, so if you get into any performance issue on the website, you have to optimize your server configuration to start with..

4. Loneweaver

Loneweaver Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you @cPanelMichael and @24x7server I managed to setup 2 separate accounts. Firstly I set up an account and installed Wordpress successfully and the site is accessible. I was also able to set up another account and successfully installed Drupal. The problem I'm facing now is that when I enter the root site i.e. myIPaddress, it defaults to the first site's public_html page (Index of /) and the other site's directory is not listed. When I go to myIPaddress/wordpress-site I'm able to browse the first site (GOOD!) but when I go to the second site, myIPaddress/drupal-site it gives an error that: The requested URL /drupal-site/ was not found on this server.

Let me point out that this is a development server that is only accessible internally within our LAN so there's no public hostname that is pointing to it hence why I want below configuration for the websites that I host in it;

myIPaddress/site-1
    myIPaddress/site-2

myIPaddress/site-n

#4 Loneweaver, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  6. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    CMS like Wordpress, Drupal, and others uses some permalinks to their application, so you may face issues when you browse them through the IP address directly, instead DNS spoofing using your system host file is the best method that can be used to verify the website accessibility...
    If you still want to use IP address, then you may have to do some changes in the CMS database and internal link to check this.