Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DSO is not a handler choice with any EA4 Package

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by webcast33, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. webcast33

webcast33 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Today I upgraded my server from EA3/Apache 2.2/PHP 5.5 to EA4 and Apache 2.4. I plan to run just a single version and configuration of PHP on my server. I hoped to continue running the DSO handler with mod-ruid2, but now with PHP 7. Furthermore, I was planning to use OpCache because the old APC package had greatly improved performance on my server.

But my upgrade has not worked out well. No matter what I do, I'm not presented with an option to select the DSO handler on the MultiPHP Handler screen. I tried several profiles and all I get is the CGI handler.

Is it possible to achieve what I had planned with EA4 (DSO, mod-ruid2, PHP 7, OpCache)? Do I have to fall back to EA3 to work around this?

Thank you.

2. JacobPerkins

JacobPerkins Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Yep, you need to install the ea-php55-php package, which is the DSO handler. It has to run with prefork, and can run with mod_ruid2.

I hope this helps!

3. webcast33

webcast33 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Jacob, thanks for your post. Is installing the ea-php55-php something I do in Easy Apache by customizing a profile? Or do I need to execute a "yum update" command of the package. I don't recall seeing ea-php55-php on any of the EA4 screens.

After I install, I presume I provision with the PHP 5.x and 7.0 with Opcache profile to have DSO, 7.0, and Opcache as the end result.

Thanks again.

4. webcast33

webcast33 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I think the answer to my above question is: use yum to install the package with the DO handler. But just to clarify, I intend to run PHP 7.0. Should I install ea-php55-php or is the DSL handler for PHP 7.0 in the package named ea-php70-php? Thanks.

5. JacobPerkins

JacobPerkins Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

The DSO handler for php70 is ea-php70-php. I hope this helps!