The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual php version on one server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by markhard, Jan 17, 2005.

1. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

i already upgraded PHP on my server to 4.3.10 using "Update Apache" on WHM, but when i click "Show PHP information" on PHPMyAdmin, it is show that the PHP version is 4.3.9

i run phpinfo() from an account on my server and it show the PHP version is 4.3.10.

i notice that PHP 4.3.10 using php.ini at /usr/local/lib/php.ini while PHP 4.3.9 using php.ini at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/php.ini

1. how can there is 2 version on my server?
    2. how to update PHP that used by PHPMyAdmin?
    3. can we integrate or edit PHPMyAdmin so it use PHP 4.3.10?

thanks

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

Cpanel has an 'internal' version of php that it uses solely for its own scripts... and phpmyadmin (as a cpanel script) uses the cpanel version. Hence the older php version showing there, and the newer version showing through Apache. If you installed phpmyadmin separately (yourself), it would use the Apache module's php version.

If you update to a more recent version of cpanel, should be at least Release tree, you should get the 4.3.10 version of php for cpanel's internal use. According to the changelog, they updated the cpanel internal php version shortly after 4.3.10 came out to fix the security vulnerabilities in 4.3.9.