The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual server setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George, May 11, 2004.

1. George

George Registered

I have used cpanel for some time but we are trying something new. We are trying to setup dual servers, meaning we would have a mysql sevrer and a seperate web server.

Now I initially was told that cpanel would not support this kind of thing. I am now being told that it will support 2 but not more. What is the real deal here? I lilke cpanel and am accustomed to it so I dont feel like changing.

Let me know please. Thanks

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure you can do it, but some of it is going to have to be manually setup. Within the users cpanel you can add different hosts to have access to the mysql server. The only big thing is that you would have to reconfigure the websites to look at the server ip of the mysql server and not localhost (127.0.0.1) which is the default.

So physically support, yes. However it is not just like there is some option to do all the remote sql automatically.

3. George

George Registered

I tried this but it did not add the host.
    Access Hosts:

localhost

Add Host (% wildcard is allowed):

Still had only the localhost after adding another ip. Any other suggestions.