The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newbiefort, Apr 29, 2006.

1. newbiefort

newbiefort Registered

I'm assuming that this must be a dumb question as no one has asked it before and none of the user guides or online tutorials tell me how to do it so it must be really obvious to everyone but me.... here goes....

I installed cPanel on a new server and have no problem logging into WHM by going to http://my domain:2086. I've gone through the setup wizard and I'm quite happy that the server is running along nicely. Now I need to setup an ftp account and I'm having problems, after hours of searching through WHM for 'ftp manager' I have discovered that it's not in WHM at all but in the 'cPanel' interface. After hours more searching I found that this is accessed by going to http://mydomain/cpanel. As soon as I do that a window pops up asking me for a username and password but my 'root' account doesn't work on this or the subsequent cpanle login screen.

What am I doing wrong? How do I login to the cpanel interface and get to ftp manager?

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Don't worry. There's no such thing as dumb questions. Just dumb people that ask questions. Just kidding. ;)

Anyway, create an account for your domain with WHM. You will use the username and password that you create in WHM for logging into cpanel.

3. newbiefort

newbiefort Registered

Sorted, thanks very much, you see it was pretty obvious!!