Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

"Dummy" email address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by stuarttunstall, Aug 19, 2009.

1. stuarttunstall

Can you help...

I run a vehicle enthusiast website, and on regular basis I send out a mass email to all of our members, 115000 at the last count.

Now, there are quite a few email addresses that are out of date, so all the "undelivered" emails bounce back to me. Is there a way I can send these from an email address that will discard all these bounced emails?

i.e So all bounced undelivered emails will be discarded without going to any mail box?

I do have a procedure for members to remove themselves from the mailing list..

Thanks

Stu

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. qisback

qisback Member

There are few ways yes...

1) send them from an email account which has a small/non existant quota (set the quota to 0.0001 which in cpanel equals 0k) that way this account doesn't have room to accept the email

2) set a rule to dump non deliverable messages, do this under "account level filtering" a rule something like

"Has not been previously delivered" or "is an error message" may do this

3) change the "reply to" address to be a non existant one and then disable the catch all on the account.

option 1 and 3 mean even valid emails sent from a user won't be recieved (send only, no recieving), option 2 will just discard the errors etc.

Hope this helps.