The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Account

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by x3dude, Oct 22, 2008.

1. x3dude

x3dude Registered

Ok, I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the forum so I'll asked the question. I'm not sure if I'm the only one interested in know how to create a duplicate account on the same server.

Basically I have a dedicated server with cpanel/whm. I have one account that I have installed all the necessary files, script, software, mysql database etc. for one of my domain. Let say this account have username 'user1'.

Now for my second site, I'm going to use exactly the same script, software, mysql database, files etc as the first, so I want to be able to duplicate the exact copy of the account with username 'user1'.

What are my option of duplicating an account on tbe same server?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I think you'd be fine to copy the files and DB over to a new account, but the username will have to be different.

3. rachelm

rachelm Well-Known Member

another trick that might work (never tried it but in theory it should work) is to backup the first domain.

Then use WHM to modify the account and change the domain/username

then restore the backup file to the original domain/username

That should work but there is a chance cpanel will block it since it will still contain info for the original domain even with the changed username/domain.