Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Backup of One Account?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Zoee, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zoee

Zoee Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all, I have this problem on a couple of VPS' that have WHM installed.

The backups are configured to run weekly and to be compressed, but with one account only, its saving a compressed and uncompressed back up. This is causing me issues as the uncompressed version is filling up the server when the back up runs.

I can't see why this would be happening, it's only with one account, on both servers this has happened on it was the first account added if that makes a difference. I can't see anything other consistencies.

I'm also running cent os 6 if that helps!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you confirm which directory you see the uncompressed backup stored in? Is a new backup directory created for the user during each backup generation (e.g. if you remove it, does it regenerate during then next backup run)?

Thank you.

3. Zoee

Zoee Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good question, I don't have any to reference as I've been deleting them! They are definitely in the root backup folder, and in the "weekly" folder that gets created.

I'm pretty sure they are then in the dated/accounts folder along side the tar.gz files but I could be wrong as I don't have one to check!

oh and yes it does the same behaviour each week when a new back up runs, and creates a new uncompressed version.

#3 Zoee, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can review the backup logs in the following directory:

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/

You can view some of the recent log files with the "view" command to search for the account username and see if any errors occurred during the backup generation.

Thank you.